The Stories I Tell ~ from The Word Cellar

Stories. Anecdotes. A free round of words for everyone!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I love stories. I'm the one at social functions with a dozen new anecdotes. But I worry about hogging the conversation. Sometimes I tell myself that I'll be quiet and let others do the talking. But no matter how hard I try, my stories insist on bursting out! Here I can let my stories (the classics that I tell again and again, as well as new ones that unfold along the way) run free. I'm a professional writer and editor, and sole proprietor of The Word Cellar. I write for a variety of publications and clients on everything from green buildings and nuclear reactors to entrepreneurship and the arts. If you need words written, edited, or enlivened, I can help. Contact me.

4.04.2009

This is just to say

I hope
to start
writing
in this
space
very soon.



In the meantime, did you know that it's National Poetry Month?

Here's a poem I really like. Share your favorites in the comments.

Labels: , ,

add to kirtsy | 6:20 PM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Nerdy Renegade said...

Hi :-)

Look forward to more of your writing coming soon!

I'm a sucker for:

Rumi
Hafiz
Walt Whitman
Mary Oliver
Mattie J.T. Stepanek

4/04/2009 8:06 PM  
Blogger Lex said...

One of my favourite poems is 'This is to let you know' by Noel Coward.

This is to let you know
That there was no moon last night
And that the tide was high
And that on the broken horizon
Glimmered the lights of ships
Twenty at least, like a sedate procession passing by.

This is to let you know
That when I'd turned out the lamp
And in the dark I lay
That suddenly piercing loneliness, like a knife,
Twisted my heart, for you were such a long long way away.

This is to let you know
That there are no English words
That ever could explain
How, quite without warning, lovingly you were here
Holding me close, smoothing away the idiotic pain.

This is to let you know
That all I feel for you
Can never wholly go.
I love you and miss you, even hours away,
With all my heart.
This is to let you know.

4/08/2009 4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home